- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
Mobile AppDownload Fodor's City Guide App for FREE!
The Cartwright Hotel Union Square
At a Glance
- great location
- spacious closets
- homey lobby
- airless rooms and hallways
- small baths
Check Rates from our Partners
The Cartwright Hotel Union Square Review
A coup for historians, this 1913 Edwardian hotel near Union Square retains the original period feel throughout the rooms, lobby, and lively Bar 1915, and after being sold in 2012, it has also reverted back to its original name. Rooms in this compact building come with FeatherBorne beds, Lather natural bath and body products, and flat-screen TVs. A computer and printer are available in the library. As this is a historic building, some rooms, especially double rooms, and baths can feel cramped and claustrophobic—but for travelers who want to be near Union Square it's a relatively inexpensive option.
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe
AN INTOXICATING BIRTHDAY VISIT TO NAPA
For my Mom’s 49th birthday, my younger twin sisters, Ainsley and Bailey, and I decided to hire a limo and driver for a day tour to Napa. Read more
So this was my first trip to the USA. Read more
Driving from Vegas.... Only have 2 days and 1 night which will be Christmas Eve. We have never been to either park. Which should we try to visit?
We have 2 kids who love the Junior Ranger programs. Any Read more
· News & Features
As 2013 comes to a close, there's no slowing down for the Bay Area's restaurant scene.... Read more
With the cornucopia of cultural and tourism options in San Francisco, a fall weekend will fly by faste... Read more
San Francisco is a food-obsessed city.... Read more