- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
Fodor's Northern California 2014
Mobile AppDownload Fodor's City Guide App for FREE!
At a Glance
- staff that accommodates guests with pets and kids
- more character than the chain motels on the same strip
- located on a busy street
- rooms can be noisy and stuffy
- staff can be gruff
Check Rates from our Partners
Marina Motel Review
Reminiscent of the motor courts of yesteryear, this family-owned motel is an inexpensive option within walking distance of restaurants, bars, and shops in the Marina District. Although some rooms are next to the street, others are tucked away inside a courtyard planted with flowers and trees. The individual enclosed garages are a nice feature, too, especially in a neighborhood notorious for its lack of street parking. The motel, on the busy thoroughfare of Lombard Street, is of an older vintage, which translates to thin walls and no air-conditioning (though unnecessary on all but the hottest days). All rooms have been recently refreshed with new French country–style furnishings, thick windows, and carpet. Some rooms have kitchenettes with eating areas, and all have spotless baths and small shower stalls. Despite roaring traffic, the motel is a good value in a popular location.
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
Hello all! Read more
Long time lurker but only recently joined to get some advice about my up coming Canada trip so thought id share my USA experiance.
4 of us (21-25years old) flew in to LAX mid to late August, picked up Read more
My family and I are going to spend time in California this summer. Read more
· News & Features
Book a night at one of these stylish, independently owned boutique hotels, located near major airports, ... Read more
As 2013 comes to a close, there's no slowing down for the Bay Area's restaurant scene.... Read more
With the cornucopia of cultural and tourism options in San Francisco, a fall weekend will fly by faste... Read more