Fodor's Northern California 2014
Mobile AppDownload Fodor's City Guides for FREE!
This tucked-away little spot near the main Caltrain station in hip SoMa continues to draw crowds for chef Jennifer Puccio's menu of hearty American bistro fare, like roasted bone marrow, steak tartare, and one of the city's best burgers. Lunchtime brings sandwiches (try the fried chicken one), or snack on crisp Brussels sprouts chips, which can run out, they're just that popular. There's a small bar in the back, and diners also gather around the communal table. With penny tile floors, wood tables, and a navy-blue-and-white color scheme, the space has a classic aesthetic. It can feel loud and crammed—so don't come on a romantic dinner. But do come hungry; and thirsty—there's plenty on the wine list to choose from.
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
This was a wonderful way to take in the sights of the Western United States. Over 12 days, my friend and I road our motorcycles up Idah... Read more
Another Californian Odyssey – June/July 2014 In the spirit of shanek’s 2010 posting I have decided to post another detai... Read more