- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
Mobile AppDownload Fodor's City Guide App for FREE!
This tucked-away little spot near the main Caltrain station in hip SoMa continues to draw crowds for chef Jennifer Puccio's menu of hearty American bistro fare, like roasted bone marrow, steak tartare, and one of the city's best burgers. Lunchtime brings sandwiches (try the fried chicken one), or snack on crisp Brussels sprouts chips, which can run out, they're just that popular. There's a small bar in the back, and diners also gather around the communal table. With penny tile floors, wood tables, and a navy-blue-and-white color scheme, the space has a classic aesthetic. It can feel loud and crammed—so don't come on a romantic dinner. But do come hungry; and thirsty—there's plenty on the wine list to choose from.
Free Fodor's Newsletter
Subscribe today for weekly travel inspiration, tips, and special offers.
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Go List: Fodor's Top 25 Places to Go in 2013
- Hotel Awards 2012: Fodor's 100 Top Hotels
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe
- $194-$234 -- San Francisco Union Square Hotel, 30% Off BookIt.com
- $103 & up -- South San Francisco Bay Hotel w/Parking & Wi-Fi BookIt.com
- $349 & up -- 5-Night Pacific Coast Cruise on Norwegian Norwegian Cruise Line
- $199 -- San Francisco Hotel Over July Fourth, Reg. $339 — $199 Courtyard San Francisco Fisherman's Wharf
- $204-$220 -- Downtown San Francisco Hotel in Summer — $204-$220 Holiday Inn Civic Center
Visiting California from Atlanta, I planned an outing for my friend and I, her two kids (11 and 13) and my three kids (12,9,6)
Ferry over Friday morning from Dana Point was a bit rocky but fun.
We arrived Read more
What better way to spend Memorial Day 2013 than head down to the California Science Center in Los Angeles to check out the Space Shuttle Endeavour. Read more
we will be disembarking in Los Angeles from a cruise in January. Read more
· News & Features
The James Beard award winners were just announced this week, so the race is on to try and get a table ... Read more
From a hidden drum circle in Washington DC to awesome sushi in Chicago's Ukrainian neighborhood, we've... Read more
You could go to San Francisco ten times and still not see it all, so we're here to help curate your nex... Read more