- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
Fodor's Northern California 2014
Mobile AppDownload Fodor's City Guide App for FREE!
Fleur de Lys
Fleur de Lys Review
The creativity of chef-owner Hubert Keller has brought every conceivable culinary award to this romantic spot. His three-, four-, and five-course prix-fixe menus (each course with many choices), priced from $75 to $98, include plenty of squab, lobster, and truffles to satisfy palates geared toward haute French dishes; even vegetarians are embraced with a meat-free tasting option for $75. Choosing some items will boost your tab, such as $82 extra for an ounce of domestic osetra caviar, and even $6 extra for chocolate soufflé. Presentations can be playful, like the Fleurburger (a beignet with chocolate ganache) for dessert. The dining room, with its dramatic tented ceiling of 900 yards of draped and swathed fabric, is as showy as the food (and it's special-occasion central). Savvy world travelers may find the menu style to be stagnant, some of the dishes a bit odd (like truffled macaroni and cheese in brioche), and a few dishes miss the mark completely; but the busy dining room shows the affable Keller has many devoted fans.
- Address: 777 Sutter St., Union Sq., San Francisco, CA 94109 | Map It
- Phone: 415/673–7779
- Website: www.hubertkeller.com/restaurants/fleur-de-lys.html
- Location: Union Square
- Reservations essential.
- Closed Sun. and Mon. No lunch.
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
Just returned from a very short but very enjoyable trip to San Diego, La Jolla, and Del Mar. Read more
Some up front info:
Dates: March 10-25, 2014
3 nights, Glorietta Bay Inn, Coronado
3 nights Borrego Valley Inn, Borrego Springs
3 nights Embassy Suites, Palm Desert
3 nights Embassy Suites, Read more
We are planning to visit the Channel Islands for a day trip in mid June. Read more
· News & Features
With a slew of new openings, the San Francisco restaurant scene is as hot as ever. ... Read more
Book a night at one of these stylish, independently owned boutique hotels, located near major airports,... Read more
As 2013 comes to a close, there's no slowing down for the Bay Area's restaurant scene.... Read more