- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
Mobile AppDownload Fodor's City Guide App for FREE!
Fleur de Lys
Fleur de Lys Review
The creativity of chef-owner Hubert Keller has brought every conceivable culinary award to this romantic spot. His three-, four-, and five-course prix-fixe menus (each course with many choices), priced from $75 to $98, include plenty of squab, lobster, and truffles to satisfy palates geared toward haute French dishes; even vegetarians are embraced with a meat-free tasting option for $75. Choosing some items will boost your tab, such as $82 extra for an ounce of domestic osetra caviar, and even $6 extra for chocolate soufflé. Presentations can be playful, like the Fleurburger (a beignet with chocolate ganache) for dessert. The dining room, with its dramatic tented ceiling of 900 yards of draped and swathed fabric, is as showy as the food (and it's special-occasion central). Savvy world travelers may find the menu style to be stagnant, some of the dishes a bit odd (like truffled macaroni and cheese in brioche), and a few dishes miss the mark completely; but the busy dining room shows the affable Keller has many devoted fans.
- Address: 777 Sutter St., Union Sq., San Francisco, CA, 94109 | Map It
- Phone: 415/673-7779
- Website: www.hubertkeller.com/restaurants/fleur-de-lys.html
- Location: Union Square
- Reservations essential.
- Closed Sun. and Mon. No lunch.
Free Fodor's Newsletter
Subscribe today for weekly travel inspiration, tips, and special offers.
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Go List: Fodor's Top 25 Places to Go in 2013
- Hotel Awards 2012: Fodor's 100 Top Hotels
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe
- $211 & up -- 4.5 Star The Fairmont San Francisco, Save 35% Expedia
- $117 & up -- San Francisco Union Square Hotel, 50% Off BookIt.com
- $128 & up -- San Francisco Hotel w/Breakfast, 45% Off — $128 BookIt.com
- $199 -- San Francisco Hotel near Fisherman's Wharf — $199 Courtyard San Francisco Fisherman's Wharf
- $159 & up -- Historic San Francisco 4-Star Hotel, 50% Off — $159 Westin St. Francis
Just thought I'd post our trip report from this past weekend at the Big Sur Marathon. Read more
I’m just going to state the nitty-gritty to keep this post short. Read more
We (husband and 6 yr old son) will be flying to Seattle on July 4th, staying the weekend. Read more
· News & Features
The James Beard award winners were just announced this week, so the race is on to try and get a table ... Read more
From a hidden drum circle in Washington DC to awesome sushi in Chicago's Ukrainian neighborhood, we've... Read more
You could go to San Francisco ten times and still not see it all, so we're here to help curate your nex... Read more