- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
Mobile AppDownload Fodor's City Guide App for FREE!
Fleur de Lys
Fleur de Lys Review
The creativity of chef-owner Hubert Keller has brought every conceivable culinary award to this romantic spot. His three-, four-, and five-course prix-fixe menus (each course with many choices), priced from $75 to $98, include plenty of squab, lobster, and truffles to satisfy palates geared toward haute French dishes; even vegetarians are embraced with a meat-free tasting option for $75. Choosing some items will boost your tab, such as $82 extra for an ounce of domestic osetra caviar, and even $6 extra for chocolate soufflé. Presentations can be playful, like the Fleurburger (a beignet with chocolate ganache) for dessert. The dining room, with its dramatic tented ceiling of 900 yards of draped and swathed fabric, is as showy as the food (and it's special-occasion central). Savvy world travelers may find the menu style to be stagnant, some of the dishes a bit odd (like truffled macaroni and cheese in brioche), and a few dishes miss the mark completely; but the busy dining room shows the affable Keller has many devoted fans.
- Address: 777 Sutter St., Union Sq., San Francisco, CA 94109 | Map It
- Phone: 415/673–7779
- Website: www.hubertkeller.com/restaurants/fleur-de-lys.html
- Location: Union Square
- Reservations essential.
- Closed Sun. and Mon. No lunch.
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe
AN INTOXICATING BIRTHDAY VISIT TO NAPA
For my Mom’s 49th birthday, my younger twin sisters, Ainsley and Bailey, and I decided to hire a limo and driver for a day tour to Napa. Read more
So this was my first trip to the USA. Read more
My partner and I are looking at planing a trip to the West Coast in Aug/Sept of 2014. Read more
· News & Features
As 2013 comes to a close, there's no slowing down for the Bay Area's restaurant scene. ... Read more
With the cornucopia of cultural and tourism options in San Francisco, a fall weekend will fly by faste... Read more
San Francisco is a food-obsessed city.... Read more