- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
Fodor's Northern California 2014
Mobile AppDownload Fodor's City Guide App for FREE!
At a Glance
- great location for those who want to be in the center of things
- easy access to shopping, theater, and public transport
- town cars drive guests around the city throughout the day
- excess fees
- noise from cable cars
- crowded street
Check Rates from our Partners
Villa Florence Review
Recently remodeled, this midsize hotel promises a little bit of Italy on Powell Street. Bar Norcini, an Italian café-bar with marble surfaces, is just off the street, and a glass wall separates a wide lobby with high ceilings, comfy furnishings, and Italianate chandeliers from Kuleto's, a boisterous, trendy restaurant often packed with locals. Guests can enter the restaurant directly from inside the hotel and eat there, or simply sit at the bar. The hotel's freshly painted colorful hallways have plush orange-print carpets, and the traditional rooms, though not large, feel comfortable, upbeat, and expansive, with inviting FeatherBorne beds, new TVs, and work desks. Bathrooms are clean and closets are spacious. Offering contemporary surroundings with Tuscan character and personalized service, it's an attractive alternative to the sometimes sterile chain hotels in the area. Be warned: the hotel charges a resort fee to cover "amenities" like newspaper delivery or town car use.
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
Hello all! Read more
Long time lurker but only recently joined to get some advice about my up coming Canada trip so thought id share my USA experiance.
4 of us (21-25years old) flew in to LAX mid to late August, picked up Read more
My family and I are going to spend time in California this summer. Read more
· News & Features
Book a night at one of these stylish, independently owned boutique hotels, located near major airports, ... Read more
As 2013 comes to a close, there's no slowing down for the Bay Area's restaurant scene.... Read more
With the cornucopia of cultural and tourism options in San Francisco, a fall weekend will fly by faste... Read more