Fodor's Northern California 2014
Mobile AppDownload Fodor's City Guides for FREE!
San Franciscans have always had a weakness for little French bistros, which helped make Florio a hit from the day it opened. It had all the elements: a space that looked like a Paris address, classic charcuterie and roast chicken, and reasonably priced French wines. Since then, this neighborhood favorite has picked up a thick Italian accent, with chicken-liver crostini, pappardelle with short rib ragù, and risotto with chanterelles lining up next to endive salad, steamed mussels, and steak frites with béarnaise on the menu. Save room for the kitchen's bittersweet chocolate brioche bread pudding with salted caramel. The room can get noisy, so don't come here hoping for a quiet tête-à-tête. You can eat at the bar, too, a nice plus if you're on the town solo.
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
This was a wonderful way to take in the sights of the Western United States. Over 12 days, my friend and I road our motorcycles up Idah... Read more
Another Californian Odyssey – June/July 2014 In the spirit of shanek’s 2010 posting I have decided to post another detai... Read more