- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
Mobile AppDownload Fodor's City Guide App for FREE!
W San Francisco
At a Glance
- hip energy
- sophisticated digs
- in the heart of the cultural district
- hotel is "going green."
- hotel's signature scents could pose a problem for sensitive noses
Fodor's FindsLowest Price Guarantee
W San Francisco Review
The epitome of cool urban chic and fashion forward in design and clientele, this swanky 31-story Starwood hotel owes some of its cachet to a prime location next door to the San Francisco Museum of Modern Art. The hotel is infused with hip energy: techno-pop pulses in the lobby, bar, and Trace Restaurant; add the fog-color themed ottomans and grid-designed carpet to the mix, and you have a tribute to San Francisco. Compact and colorful guest rooms, some of which have upholstered window seats, come with flat-screen TVs, luxurious beds, comfy pillow-top mattresses, and goose-down comforters and pillows. Sleek baths sport green-glass countertops and shiny steel sinks. The glass-roof pool and hot-tub area, next to Bliss Spa, closes only from 1 am to 4 am, and the Whatever/Whenever concierge desk in the lobby operates 24/7. Upper floors boast excellent views of SFMOMA, Yerba Buena Gardens, and the Bay Bridge. Business guests predominate during the week, but on weekends the hotel attracts families with kids, and pets are always welcome. The accommodating staff will help parents arrange for babysitting and will take your pup for a walk. Fragrances waft throughout the hotel and guest rooms, so sensitive noses should call ahead to request special preparations.
Free Fodor's Newsletter
Subscribe today for weekly travel inspiration, tips, and special offers.
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Go List: Fodor's Top 25 Places to Go in 2013
- Hotel Awards 2012: Fodor's 100 Top Hotels
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe
- $140* & up -- Nationwide Flights on American, R/T American Airlines
- $211 & up -- 4.5 Star The Fairmont San Francisco, Save 35% Expedia
- $134 & up -- San Francisco Union Square Hotel, 50% Off BookIt.com
- $113 & up -- San Francisco Hotel w/Breakfast, 45% Off — $113 BookIt.com
- $199 -- San Francisco Hotel near Fisherman's Wharf — $199 Courtyard San Francisco Fisherman's Wharf
Just thought I'd post our trip report from this past weekend at the Big Sur Marathon. Read more
I’m just going to state the nitty-gritty to keep this post short. Read more
I had a chance to spent some time on a cruise ship traveling around North America,
so wanted to share some pictures from the trip; hope you will enjoy it!
http://www.allphotobangkok.com/index.php/around-north-america-cruise-ship-travel/ Read more
· News & Features
The James Beard award winners were just announced this week, so the race is on to try and get a table... Read more
From a hidden drum circle in Washington DC to awesome sushi in Chicago's Ukrainian neighborhood, we've... Read more
You could go to San Francisco ten times and still not see it all, so we're here to help curate your nex... Read more