- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
Fodor's Northern California 2014
Mobile AppDownload Fodor's City Guide App for FREE!
Hyatt Regency San Francisco
At a Glance
- convenient location
- elegant modernist design
- great views
- some may find it cool rather than cozy
- wait for check-in can be long
- geared toward business travelers
Check Rates from our Partners
Hyatt Regency San Francisco Review
Designed by influential architect John Portman, who launched the trend of indoor-outdoor hotel environments, this 20-story gray concrete structure is the focal point of the Embarcadero Center, where more than 100 shops and restaurants cater to the Financial District. The spectacular 17-story atrium lobby, reportedly the largest hotel lobby in North America, is a marvel, with water elements, sprawling trees, a shimmering stream, a huge fountain, and the sleek Eclipse restaurant and bar. All rooms have city or bay views; 134 come with bay-view balconies. Renovation has been completed of the suites on the top two floors and the breathtaking Regency Club (formerly the rotating lounge bar, Equinox), which has a staggering 360-degree view of the city and bay. The Ferry Building—a hub of activity, great shopping, excellent eateries, and a highly popular weekend farmers' market—is a short walk away.
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
Hello all! Read more
Long time lurker but only recently joined to get some advice about my up coming Canada trip so thought id share my USA experiance.
4 of us (21-25years old) flew in to LAX mid to late August, picked up Read more
My family and I are going to spend time in California this summer. Read more
· News & Features
Book a night at one of these stylish, independently owned boutique hotels, located near major airports, ... Read more
As 2013 comes to a close, there's no slowing down for the Bay Area's restaurant scene.... Read more
With the cornucopia of cultural and tourism options in San Francisco, a fall weekend will fly by faste... Read more