- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
Mobile AppDownload Fodor's City Guide App for FREE!
White Swan Inn
At a Glance
- cozy B&B antidote to sterile chain hotels
- nice lounge and patio area
- thin walls can make for noisy rooms
- nearby streets can be rough at night
- Union Square is three steep blocks downhill
Check Rates from our Partners
White Swan Inn Review
A cozy library with a crackling fireplace is the heart of this inviting English-style B&B. Patrons rest on comfortable chairs and sofas in the lounge, where wine, cheese, and tea are served in the afternoon, and a gourmet breakfast buffet in the morning. The sizable rooms have plaid bedspreads, floral carpeting and wallpaper, reproduction Edwardian furniture, and gas fireplaces topped by a book-lined mantel. Adding to the charm, the friendly staff seems to know everyone's name.
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe
AN INTOXICATING BIRTHDAY VISIT TO NAPA
For my Mom’s 49th birthday, my younger twin sisters, Ainsley and Bailey, and I decided to hire a limo and driver for a day tour to Napa. Read more
So this was my first trip to the USA. Read more
Driving from Vegas.... Only have 2 days and 1 night which will be Christmas Eve. We have never been to either park. Which should we try to visit?
We have 2 kids who love the Junior Ranger programs. Any Read more
· News & Features
As 2013 comes to a close, there's no slowing down for the Bay Area's restaurant scene.... Read more
With the cornucopia of cultural and tourism options in San Francisco, a fall weekend will fly by faste... Read more
San Francisco is a food-obsessed city.... Read more