- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
Fodor's Northern California 2014
Mobile AppDownload Fodor's City Guide App for FREE!
White Swan Inn
At a Glance
- cozy B&B antidote to sterile chain hotels
- nice lounge and patio area
- thin walls can make for noisy rooms
- nearby streets can be rough at night
- Union Square is three steep blocks downhill
Check Rates from our Partners
White Swan Inn Review
A cozy library with a crackling fireplace is the heart of this inviting English-style B&B. Patrons rest on comfortable chairs and sofas in the lounge, where wine, cheese, and tea are served in the afternoon, and a gourmet breakfast buffet in the morning. The sizable rooms have plaid bedspreads, floral carpeting and wallpaper, reproduction Edwardian furniture, and gas fireplaces topped by a book-lined mantel. Adding to the charm, the friendly staff seems to know everyone's name.
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
Hello all! Read more
Long time lurker but only recently joined to get some advice about my up coming Canada trip so thought id share my USA experiance.
4 of us (21-25years old) flew in to LAX mid to late August, picked up Read more
My family and I are going to spend time in California this summer. Read more
· News & Features
Book a night at one of these stylish, independently owned boutique hotels, located near major airports, ... Read more
As 2013 comes to a close, there's no slowing down for the Bay Area's restaurant scene.... Read more
With the cornucopia of cultural and tourism options in San Francisco, a fall weekend will fly by faste... Read more