- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
Fodor's Northern California 2014
Mobile AppDownload Fodor's City Guide App for FREE!
King George Hotel
At a Glance
- friendly service
- quiet, convenient location
- no tubs
- low ceilings in hallways
- small closets
- on the edge of the Tenderloin
Check Rates from our Partners
King George Hotel Review
Service and hospitality have been points of pride at this hotel since its 1914 opening, when room rates started at $1 a night. Though the compact rooms are attractively furnished in classic English style with walnut furniture and olive and mustard linens, they can feel a bit stuffy, dark, and cramped; baths and closets are minuscule. Service is excellent, though, and the front-desk and concierge staff cater to your every whim: they can book anything from a Fisherman's Wharf tour to a dinner reservation. For a slightly higher rate you can enjoy breakfast, afternoon tea, and evening bar service next to the red-carpet lobby, or kick back in the comfortable, pub-style lounge.
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
Hello all! Read more
Long time lurker but only recently joined to get some advice about my up coming Canada trip so thought id share my USA experiance.
4 of us (21-25years old) flew in to LAX mid to late August, picked up Read more
Hello, we're spending spring break in San Diego in a condo on Mission Beach. Read more
· News & Features
Book a night at one of these stylish, independently owned boutique hotels, located near major airports, ... Read more
As 2013 comes to a close, there's no slowing down for the Bay Area's restaurant scene.... Read more
With the cornucopia of cultural and tourism options in San Francisco, a fall weekend will fly by faste... Read more