- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
Fodor's Northern California 2014
Mobile AppDownload Fodor's City Guide App for FREE!
InterContinental San Francisco
At a Glance
- a stone's throw from the Moscone Center
- well-equipped gym
- near hip clubs and edgy eateries
- conservative decor is a bit short on character
- borders a rough neighborhood
- a few blocks off from many major points of interest for tourists
Check Rates from our Partners
InterContinental San Francisco Review
The arctic-blue glass exterior and subdued, Zen-like lobby of this sparkling hotel may be as bland as an airport concourse, but they're merely a prelude to the spectacularly light, expansive, thoughtfully laid-out guest rooms, which have all the ultramodern conveniences. The hotel lies within shouting distance of Moscone Center, so its business is geared toward convention and corporate travelers, which, depending on occupancy, can make for lower rates on weekends. Bar 888 specializes in vintage grappas, and Luce Restaurant, trimmed in iridescent black mosaic, serves Italian/Californian cuisine. The quiet Club Lounge offers hot breakfasts, tasty snacks, sandwiches, beverages, and desserts, plus access to computer terminals and a pleasant outdoor terrace. The spa provides an array of treatments ranging from massage to botanical facials. Hotel guests have access to the pool, whirlpool, and steam rooms. Be aware: the hotel is in a "transitional neighborhood" so you make want to hop in a taxi after dark.
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
Hello all! Read more
Long time lurker but only recently joined to get some advice about my up coming Canada trip so thought id share my USA experiance.
4 of us (21-25years old) flew in to LAX mid to late August, picked up Read more
I'm going alone to LA in just under two weeks and I'm going to spend half my time in Santa Monica then I've been recommended the other half in Huntington Beach. Read more
· News & Features
Book a night at one of these stylish, independently owned boutique hotels, located near major airports, ... Read more
As 2013 comes to a close, there's no slowing down for the Bay Area's restaurant scene.... Read more
With the cornucopia of cultural and tourism options in San Francisco, a fall weekend will fly by faste... Read more