- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
Mobile AppDownload Fodor's City Guide App for FREE!
InterContinental San Francisco
At a Glance
- a stone's throw from the Moscone Center
- well-equipped gym
- near hip clubs and edgy eateries
- conservative decor is a bit short on character
- borders a rough neighborhood
- a few blocks off from many major points of interest for tourists
Check Rates from our Partners
InterContinental San Francisco Review
The arctic-blue glass exterior and subdued, Zen-like lobby of this sparkling hotel may be as bland as an airport concourse, but they're merely a prelude to the spectacularly light, expansive, thoughtfully laid-out guest rooms, which have all the ultramodern conveniences. The hotel lies within shouting distance of Moscone Center, so its business is geared toward convention and corporate travelers, which, depending on occupancy, can make for lower rates on weekends. Bar 888 specializes in vintage grappas, and Luce Restaurant, trimmed in iridescent black mosaic, serves Italian/Californian cuisine. The quiet Club Lounge offers hot breakfasts, tasty snacks, sandwiches, beverages, and desserts, plus access to computer terminals and a pleasant outdoor terrace. The spa provides an array of treatments ranging from massage to botanical facials. Hotel guests have access to the pool, whirlpool, and steam rooms. Be aware: the hotel is in a "transitional neighborhood" so you make want to hop in a taxi after dark.
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe
AN INTOXICATING BIRTHDAY VISIT TO NAPA
For my Mom’s 49th birthday, my younger twin sisters, Ainsley and Bailey, and I decided to hire a limo and driver for a day tour to Napa. Read more
So this was my first trip to the USA. Read more
Driving from Vegas.... Only have 2 days and 1 night which will be Christmas Eve. We have never been to either park. Which should we try to visit?
We have 2 kids who love the Junior Ranger programs. Any Read more
· News & Features
As 2013 comes to a close, there's no slowing down for the Bay Area's restaurant scene.... Read more
With the cornucopia of cultural and tourism options in San Francisco, a fall weekend will fly by faste... Read more
San Francisco is a food-obsessed city.... Read more