- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
Mobile AppDownload Fodor's City Guide App for FREE!
Check Rates from our Partners
Hotel Del Sol Review
This beach-themed, three-story 1950s motor lodge's proximity to Funston Playground, the Walt Disney Family Museum, the Presidio, Crissy Field, and Chestnut Street's munchkin-favored shops already make this place kid-friendly, but that plus free toys, the outdoor saltwater heated pool with plenty of inflatable playthings, games, DVDs, and afternoon cookies and milk make it a virtual haven for little ones. Fully renovated in 2013, splashy rooms feature beach-themed art, blown-glass bedside lamps, a bright orange accent wall and tufted white and silver headboards. Since the Del Sol is only two blocks from Union Street shopping and restaurants, with easy access off Lombard Street, it will please adults, too. The hotel offers free morning town-car service to the Financial District for business travelers.
In addition to the outdoor heated swimming pool and video-rental service offering child-friendly flicks, this bright and cheerful boutique hotel has lots of kid-friendly touches like free beach balls and sunglasses, a nearby playground, and freshly baked cookies in the afternoon. Parents appreciate the moderately priced room, summer barbecues, and ideal location near Union Street.
Free Fodor's Newsletter
Subscribe today for weekly travel inspiration, tips, and special offers.
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Go List: Fodor's Top 25 Places to Go in 2013
- Hotel Awards 2012: Fodor's 100 Top Hotels
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe
- $129* & up -- Premium Economy in Summer to SF, One Way Virgin America
- $194-$234 -- San Francisco Union Square Hotel, 30% Off BookIt.com
- $103 & up -- South San Francisco Bay Hotel w/Parking & Wi-Fi BookIt.com
- $349 & up -- 5-Night Pacific Coast Cruise on Norwegian Norwegian Cruise Line
- $119-$159 -- Weekends at Oakland Hotel by Berkeley, 50% Off — $119-$159 Oakland Marriott City Center
Visiting California from Atlanta, I planned an outing for my friend and I, her two kids (11 and 13) and my three kids (12,9,6)
Ferry over Friday morning from Dana Point was a bit rocky but fun.
We arrived Read more
What better way to spend Memorial Day 2013 than head down to the California Science Center in Los Angeles to check out the Space Shuttle Endeavour. Read more
we will be disembarking in Los Angeles from a cruise in January. Read more
· News & Features
The James Beard award winners were just announced this week, so the race is on to try and get a table ... Read more
From a hidden drum circle in Washington DC to awesome sushi in Chicago's Ukrainian neighborhood, we've... Read more
You could go to San Francisco ten times and still not see it all, so we're here to help curate your nex... Read more