- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
Fodor's Northern California 2014
Mobile AppDownload Fodor's City Guide App for FREE!
Cornell Hotel de France
At a Glance
- special packages and discounts available online
- a little bit of France in San Francisco
- several blocks from the center of things
- surrounding area can be dodgy after dark
Check Rates from our Partners
Cornell Hotel de France Review
Discovering this French family-operated hotel is like finding a bit of Paris near Union Square. Hosts Claude and Micheline Lambert arrived from their native Orléans 40 years ago, and over the years have renovated and decorated each room with prints of paintings by Picasso, Chagall, and Gustav Klimt. Many savvy repeat visitors know to ask about special packages and discounted rates. Downstairs, Restaurant Jeanne d'Arc offers classic French cuisine in a medieval scene set off by stained-glass windows and artifacts depicting—who else?—Joan of Arc.
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
Hello all! Read more
Long time lurker but only recently joined to get some advice about my up coming Canada trip so thought id share my USA experiance.
4 of us (21-25years old) flew in to LAX mid to late August, picked up Read more
My family and I are going to spend time in California this summer. Read more
· News & Features
Book a night at one of these stylish, independently owned boutique hotels, located near major airports, ... Read more
As 2013 comes to a close, there's no slowing down for the Bay Area's restaurant scene.... Read more
With the cornucopia of cultural and tourism options in San Francisco, a fall weekend will fly by faste... Read more