- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
Fodor's Northern California 2014
Mobile AppDownload Fodor's City Guide App for FREE!
Seal Rock Inn
At a Glance
- close to the beach
- lots of activities for kids
- aging rooms
- far from the action of the city
- in the foggy part of town
Check Rates from our Partners
Seal Rock Inn Review
About as far west as you can go in San Francisco without falling into the Pacific, this motel, within easy walking distance of the Cliff House and Ocean Beach, is a welcome refuge from the hubbub of downtown. Large rooms with accordion-style dividers separating a queen bed from two twins make it a good choice for families with kids, as does the recreation area with a small pool, Ping-Pong table, and badminton court. Recent improvements include new furniture, carpets, curtains, and mattresses; gas fireplaces in some rooms; renovated bathrooms; updated handicapped rooms; and a new patio. Second-story rooms enjoy ocean views, some have kitchenettes, and a little restaurant serves breakfast and lunch.
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
Hello all! Read more
Long time lurker but only recently joined to get some advice about my up coming Canada trip so thought id share my USA experiance.
4 of us (21-25years old) flew in to LAX mid to late August, picked up Read more
I'm going alone to LA in just under two weeks and I'm going to spend half my time in Santa Monica then I've been recommended the other half in Huntington Beach. Read more
· News & Features
Book a night at one of these stylish, independently owned boutique hotels, located near major airports, ... Read more
As 2013 comes to a close, there's no slowing down for the Bay Area's restaurant scene.... Read more
With the cornucopia of cultural and tourism options in San Francisco, a fall weekend will fly by faste... Read more