Fodor's Northern California 2014
Mobile AppDownload Fodor's City Guides for FREE!
American Conservatory Theater
American Conservatory Theater Review
Celebrated local architects Bliss and Faville, also responsible for the nearby St. Francis Hotel, designed the neoclassical home of San Francisco's premier repertory theater company. The 1910 structure, which replaced one destroyed in the 1906 earthquake, sustained heavy damage in the 1989 quake but was beautifully restored. A.C.T. is renowned for productions by playwrights such as Tony Kushner (Angels in America) and Tom Stoppard (The Invention of Love premiered here), and cutting-edge works such as The Black Rider by Tom Waits, William S. Burroughs, and Robert Wilson.
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
This was a wonderful way to take in the sights of the Western United States. Over 12 days, my friend and I road our motorcycles up Idah... Read more
Another Californian Odyssey – June/July 2014 In the spirit of shanek’s 2010 posting I have decided to post another detai... Read more