Fodor's Northern California 2014
Mobile AppDownload Fodor's City Guides for FREE!
Hog Island Oyster Company
Hog Island Oyster Company Review
A thriving oyster farm north of San Francisco in Tomales Bay, Hog Island serves up its harvest at its newly expanded raw bar and restaurant in the busy Ferry Building. Devotees come here for impeccably fresh oysters (from Hog Island and elsewhere) and clams (from Hog Island) on the half shell. Other mollusk-centered options include a first-rate oyster stew, baked oysters, clam chowder, and "steamer" dishes atop of a bed of local greens. The bar also turns out one of the city's best grilled-cheese sandwiches, made with three artisanal cheeses on artisanal bread.
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
I just spent 3 days in Los Angeles. My friend lives in Santa Monica and I was lucky to stay with her for a few days. I took advanta... Read more
This was a wonderful way to take in the sights of the Western United States. Over 12 days, my friend and I road our motorcycles up Idah... Read more
AN INTOXICATING BIRTHDAY VISIT TO NAPA For my Mom’s 49th birthday, my younger twin sisters, Ainsley and Bailey, and I decided... Read more