- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
Fodor's Northern California 2014
Mobile AppDownload Fodor's City Guide App for FREE!
Fairmont San Francisco
At a Glance
- huge bathrooms
- stunning lobby
- great location
- some guests have complained about spotty service
- older rooms can be quite small
- hills can be challenging for those on foot
Check Rates from our Partners
Fairmont San Francisco Review
Dominating the top of Nob Hill like a European palace, the Fairmont has a rich history that includes surviving the 1906 earthquake and hosting the signing of the United Nations Charter in 1945. Architect Julia Morgan's timeless 1907 lobby design includes alabaster walls and gilt-embellished ceilings supported by Corinthian columns. Rooms in the main building are done in conservative color schemes and have high ceilings, fine dark-wood furniture, colorful Chinese porcelain lamps, wonderful beds, flat-screen TVs, and marble bathrooms. Rooms in the Tower are generally larger and have better views. Amenities and special services (including free chicken soup if you're under the weather and a newly crafted Intersect Media Lounge complete with multiplayer Guitar Hero and Wii Golf) keep loyal guests coming back. Don't miss drinks at the recently spiffed up Tonga Room and Hurricane Bar, an over-the-top Tiki lounge that serves blue tropical cocktails with umbrellas.
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
Hello all! Read more
Long time lurker but only recently joined to get some advice about my up coming Canada trip so thought id share my USA experiance.
4 of us (21-25years old) flew in to LAX mid to late August, picked up Read more
My family and I are going to spend time in California this summer. Read more
· News & Features
Book a night at one of these stylish, independently owned boutique hotels, located near major airports, ... Read more
As 2013 comes to a close, there's no slowing down for the Bay Area's restaurant scene.... Read more
With the cornucopia of cultural and tourism options in San Francisco, a fall weekend will fly by faste... Read more