- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
Steep streets in Pacific Heights make for impressive views and rough walking; unless you're in decent shape, consider taking a car or taxi to this neighborhood.
The only public transit that runs through the area is the bus. For Pacific Heights proper, take the 12-Folsom to its terminus at Van Ness and Pacific avenues and walk west. For shopping on Union Street in Cow Hollow (lower Pacific Heights), catch the 41-Union or the 45-Union bus.
Buses that run to Japantown from downtown include the 2-Clement, 3-Jackson, and the very busy 38-Geary.
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's