- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
Top 5 Reasons to Go to Pacific Heights and Japantown
Chic shopping on Fillmore Street: Browse the superfine shops along Pacific Heights' main drag.
Picnic with a view at Lafayette Park: Gather supplies along Fillmore Street and climb to the top of this park. It's surrounded by grand homes and has a sweeping view of the city.
Asian food galore in the Japan Center: Graze your way through the mall, from sushi boat offerings at Isobune to quick bean-paste snacks at May's Coffee Shop, decked out like an open-air Japanese restaurant.
Spa serenity at Kabuki Springs: Enter the peaceful lobby and prepare to be transported at the Japanese-style communal baths.
See how the other half lives: Check out the grand, historic homes along the tree-lined streets of Pacific Heights.
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's