- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
The bay is a huge part of San Francisco's charm, and getting out on the water gives you an attractive and unique (though windy) perspective on the city. Keep in mind that a ride on a commuter ferry is cheaper than a cruise, and just as lovely.
Red and White Fleet. The Red and White Fleet has the widest range of tour options, including sunset cruises from April to October. Pier 43½, Fisherman's Wharf, San Francisco, CA, 94124. 415/673–2900. www.redandwhite.com.
Blue & Gold Fleet. The Blue & Gold Fleet offers bay cruises and, in summer, high-speed RocketBoat rides, as well as ferry service to Oakland, Alameda, Tiburon, Sausalito, Vallejo, and Angel Island. Pier 39, Fisherman's Wharf, San Francisco, CA, 94133. 415/705–5555. www.blueandgoldfleet.com.
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's