- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
Making the Most of Your Time
A walk that includes Mission Dolores and the neighborhood's murals takes about two hours. If you plan to go on a mural walk with the Precita Eyes organization or if you're a window-shopper, add at least another hour. The Mission is a neighborhood that sleeps in. In the afternoon and evening the main drags really come to life.
Sunday through Tuesday is relatively quiet here, especially in the evening—a great time to get a café table with no wait. If you're getting bummed out by fog elsewhere in the city, come here—the Mission wins out in San Francisco's system of microclimates.
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's