San Francisco Hotels
- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
Mobile AppDownload Fodor's City Guide App for FREE!
San Francisco Hotel Reviews
San Francisco serves up a dizzying array of lodging choices: cozy inns, kitschy motels, chic boutiques, dependable chain properties, and true grande dames. It's not difficult to find the perfect fit for any budget.
Many city stalwarts have been spruced up recently. It seems as though everyone wants a new look, including the Ritz Carlton, Monaco, Mandarin, Argonaut, and the Palace. Nearly every accommodation listed below features fresh bedding, carpet, TVs, or paint.
If you're searching for a centrally located, classy hotel, check out Union Square's dramatic Clift, a property with surrealistic flavor, conjured by maverick star-designer Philippe Starck, or, perched atop Nob Hill, the historic Huntington Hotel, which discreetly hosts celebrities and royalty.
Now is a great time to go: hotel deals are easy to come by, and both new and established properties are trending toward the eco-friendly—SF hotels are "going green" in a big way. Although the Orchard Garden boasts San Francisco's first all-new green construction, many other local properties are installing ecological upgrades. Most of the city's hotels are non-smoking.
Wherever you stay, be sure to ask what's included in your room rate. And when you settle into your perfect room, remember this tip: When in doubt, ask the concierge. This holds true for almost any request, whether you have special needs or burning desires (if anyone can get you tickets to a sold-out show or reservations at a fully booked restaurant, it's the concierge). You'll likely be impressed by the lengths hoteliers are willing to go to please their guests.
Finally, consider timing: If you're flexible on dates, ask the reservationist if there's a cheaper time to stay in your preferred travel window.
Browse San Francisco Hotels
- Argonaut Hotel
- Fisherman's Wharf
- Fairmont Heritage Place, Ghirardelli Square
- Fisherman's Wharf
Browse San Francisco Hotels By Location
Free Fodor's Newsletter
Subscribe today for weekly travel inspiration, tips, and special offers.
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Go List: Fodor's Top 25 Places to Go in 2013
- Hotel Awards 2012: Fodor's 100 Top Hotels
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe
- $140* & up -- Nationwide Flights on American, R/T American Airlines
- $211 & up -- 4.5 Star The Fairmont San Francisco, Save 35% Expedia
- $134 & up -- San Francisco Union Square Hotel, 50% Off BookIt.com
- $113 & up -- San Francisco Hotel w/Breakfast, 45% Off — $113 BookIt.com
- $199 -- San Francisco Hotel near Fisherman's Wharf — $199 Courtyard San Francisco Fisherman's Wharf