Tennis in San Francisco
- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
Mobile AppDownload Fodor's City Guide App for FREE!
San Francisco Recreation & Parks Tennis Courts. The parks department maintains courts throughout the city, including the ones in Golden Gate Park. A few other courts of note (all free) are at Julius Kahn Park (W. Pacific Ave., off Presidio or Arguello Blvds.), in the Presidio, and Mountain Lake Park (Lake St. and 12th Ave.), in the Richmond, both of which have four courts; and Dolores Park (18th and Dolores Sts.), in the Mission, whose six courts have lights for night play. The San Francisco Tennis Courts website has photos and info about all the public courts. San Francisco, CA. 415/831–2700. sftenniscourts.com.
Golden Gate Park Tennis Courts. Playing at one of the 21 courts in Golden Gate Park costs from $4 to $6; call for weekend and holiday reservations, which are essential (weekdays are first come, first served). The tennis page on the park's website lays out all the strategies for scoring a weekend court, the main one being to call right after 4 pm on Wednesday. John F. Kennedy Dr. and Middle Dr. E, Golden Gate Park, San Francisco, CA, 94122. 415/831–6302 reservations; 415/753–7001 information. www.golden-gate-park.com/tennis.html.
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's