Kayaking in San Francisco
- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
Mobile AppDownload Fodor's City Guide App for FREE!
Surrounded by water on three sides, San Francisco has plenty of opportunities for kayaking enthusiasts of all levels.
City Kayak. City Kayak operates bay tours along the waterfront and beneath the Bay Bridge starting from $50; the company also runs full-moon night paddles and trips to Alcatraz. Rentals are $40 per hour for a single, and $70 for a double. Half-day trips depart daily. No prior experience is necessary, but you must watch an instructional video. The Pier 39 location is for tours only, not rentals. Pier 39, Embarcadero at Stockton St., Fisherman's Wharf, San Francisco, CA, 94133. www.citykayak.com. Pier 40, South Beach Harbor, SoMa. 415/357-1010.
Sea Trek Kayaking and SUP Center. This company offers trips around Angel Island and the Golden Gate Bridge, moonlight paddles, and many trips in Marin County. Three-hour trips cost from $65 to $75, full-day trips from $85 to $130. Most excursions leave from Sausalito but Angel Island tours leave from the island. San Francisco, CA. 415/332-8494. www.seatrek.com.
Free Fodor's Newsletter
Subscribe today for weekly travel inspiration, tips, and special offers.
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Go List: Fodor's Top 25 Places to Go in 2013
- Hotel Awards 2012: Fodor's 100 Top Hotels
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe
- $140* & up -- Nationwide Flights on American, R/T American Airlines
- $211 & up -- 4.5 Star The Fairmont San Francisco, Save 35% Expedia
- $134 & up -- San Francisco Union Square Hotel, 50% Off BookIt.com
- $128 & up -- San Francisco Hotel w/Breakfast, 45% Off — $128 BookIt.com
- $199 -- San Francisco Hotel near Fisherman's Wharf — $199 Courtyard San Francisco Fisherman's Wharf