Kayaking in San Francisco
Mobile AppDownload Fodor's City Guides for FREE!
Surrounded by water on three sides, San Francisco has plenty of opportunities for kayaking enthusiasts of all levels.
City Kayak. City Kayak operates bay tours along the waterfront and beneath the Bay Bridge starting from $50; the company also runs full-moon night paddles and trips to Alcatraz. Rentals are $40 per hour for a single, and $70 for a double. Half-day trips depart daily. No prior experience is necessary, but you must watch an instructional video. The Pier 39 location is for tours only, not rentals. Pier 39, Embarcadero at Stockton St., Fisherman's Wharf, San Francisco, CA, 94133. www.citykayak.com. Pier 40, South Beach Harbor, SoMa. 415/357–1010.
City Kayak (Pier 40, South Beach Harbor, SoMa. 415/357–1010.)
Sea Trek Kayaking and SUP Center. This company offers trips around Angel Island and the Golden Gate Bridge, moonlight paddles, and many trips in Marin County. Three-hour trips cost from $65 to $75, full-day trips from $85 to $130. Most excursions leave from Sausalito but Angel Island tours leave from the island. San Francisco, CA. 415/332–8494. www.seatrek.com.
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's