Football in San Francisco
- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
Mobile AppDownload Fodor's City Guide App for FREE!
San Francisco 49ers. The San Francisco 49ers plan to play at Candlestick Park, just north of the airport, through the 2013 season. The club's new Santa Clara Stadium should be open just in time for the 2014 season. The state-of-the-art facility, 44 miles from downtown San Francisco and less than 10 miles from downtown San Jose, will have complete Wi-Fi capability, IPTV, and more than 13,000 square feet of HD video boards. From San Francisco, take U.S. 101 south to the Lawrence Expressway and follow signs to the stadium.
As in past seasons, home games are expected to sell out far in advance. You can try your luck getting single-game tickets from Ticketmaster (www.ticketmaster.com); StubHub! (www.stubhub.com) is a reliable reseller. Until the 49ers move, reach Candlestick Park (490 Jamestown Ave.) off U.S. 101's Exit 429B if heading south from downtown; take Candlestick Park exit if heading north from the airport. Santa Clara Stadium, 4949 Marie P. DeBartolo Way, Santa Clara, CA, 95054. 800/745-3000 Ticketmaster; 866/788-2482 StubHub!; 408/579-4400 Santa Clara stadium. www.49ers.com.
Free Fodor's Newsletter
Subscribe today for weekly travel inspiration, tips, and special offers.
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Go List: Fodor's Top 25 Places to Go in 2013
- Hotel Awards 2012: Fodor's 100 Top Hotels
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe
- $129* & up -- Premium Economy in Summer to SF, One Way Virgin America
- $194-$234 -- San Francisco Union Square Hotel, 30% Off BookIt.com
- $103 & up -- South San Francisco Bay Hotel w/Parking & Wi-Fi BookIt.com
- $349 & up -- 5-Night Pacific Coast Cruise on Norwegian Norwegian Cruise Line
- $119-$159 -- Weekends at Oakland Hotel by Berkeley, 50% Off — $119-$159 Oakland Marriott City Center