- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
With the mild climate and proximity to the ocean and mountains, San Diego is popular with tourists and conventioneers and, accordingly, is a relatively expensive place to visit. Three-star rooms average between $200 and $280 per night in high season, but there is also a good variety of modest accommodations available. Meal prices compare to those in other large cities, and you can usually find excellent values by dining in smaller, family-run establishments. Admission to local attractions can cost anywhere from $10 to $70. Thankfully, relaxing on one of the public beaches or meandering through the parks and neighborhoods is free—and fun. To save money on restaurants, spas, and boutiques, scour the coupon section at www.sdreader.com.
Prices here are given for adults. Substantially reduced fees are almost always available for children, students, and senior citizens. Many museums offer free admission one day of the month.
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's