- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
Several companies offer individual and group tours of the Temecula wine country with departures from San Diego and Temecula. Some include lunch or refreshments as part of the package.
Destination Temecula. Let someone else do the driving and enjoy this tour service that takes groups of 1 to 15 in luxury vans for tasting and touring Temecula wineries. 92590. 951/695-1232 or 800/584-8162. www.destem.com.
Grapeline Wine Country Shuttle. Daily tours include four wineries, picnic lunches, and behind the scenes vintner tours. 43500 Ridge Park Dr., Ste. 204, Temecula, CA, 92590. 951/693–5755 or. www.gogrape.com. tours $88–$118.
Temecula Carriage Company. Temecula Carriage runs horse-drawn shuttles between Ponte, Wiens, and South Coast wineries. Shuttle trips, drawn by handsome Percheron horses, are $99 per person including a picnic, or $40 per person for transporatation only. Couples special occasion winery tours, by reservation, include tastings at each winery and picnic lunch ($250 per couple). 40001 Berenda Rd., Temecula, CA, 92591. 858/205-9161. www.temeculacarriageco.com.
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe