- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
Bali Hai Review
This kitschy-classy waterfront restaurant is loved as much for the strong, sugary drinks served in tiki mugs as it is for the gorgeous views of the San Diego Bay and the downtown skyline. One of few restaurants within walking distance of Shelter Island hotels, Bali Hai's menu has Hawaiian, Asian, and Californian influences, with an emphasis on seafood. Standouts include the Hawaiian tuna poke stack, crispy spring rolls, and seared diver scallops with glazed pork belly. Lounge seating accommodates groups while tables by the window are ideal for quiet, romantic dinners.
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe
AN INTOXICATING BIRTHDAY VISIT TO NAPA
For my Mom’s 49th birthday, my younger twin sisters, Ainsley and Bailey, and I decided to hire a limo and driver for a day tour to Napa. Read more
So this was my first trip to the USA. Read more
Driving from Vegas.... Only have 2 days and 1 night which will be Christmas Eve. We have never been to either park. Which should we try to visit?
We have 2 kids who love the Junior Ranger programs. Any Read more
· News & Features
You're familiar with California's wine country, sure, but have you experienced beer country? ... Read more
Top Chef star Brian Malarkey, gearing up to open a new hotel restaurant at the trendy Mondrian Los Angeles,... Read more
Dining on garden-fresh veggies and the catch of the day is nothing new in San Diego.... Read more