- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
Ricky's Restaurant Review
Chain restaurants haven't driven out all of San Diego's old-line family dining spots, and this unpretentious place, opened in 1968 on the quiet fringe of Mission Valley, remains dear to the city's heart. A traditional three-meals-daily restaurant, Ricky's serves big portions of unassuming, well-prepared, all-American cooking, like steak with all the trimmings for $16, but it's really famed for breakfast, when savory corned-beef hash and fluffy strawberry Dutch baby and oven-baked omelets are the rule. The spectacular apple pancake, a soufflé-like creation that takes 20 minutes to bake, arrives piping hot and is irresistible to the last molecule of molten cinnamon sugar. Ricky's popularity never wanes.
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe
AN INTOXICATING BIRTHDAY VISIT TO NAPA
For my Mom’s 49th birthday, my younger twin sisters, Ainsley and Bailey, and I decided to hire a limo and driver for a day tour to Napa. Read more
So this was my first trip to the USA. Read more
Driving from Vegas.... Only have 2 days and 1 night which will be Christmas Eve. We have never been to either park. Which should we try to visit?
We have 2 kids who love the Junior Ranger programs. Any Read more
· News & Features
You're familiar with California's wine country, sure, but have you experienced beer country? ... Read more
Top Chef star Brian Malarkey, gearing up to open a new hotel restaurant at the trendy Mondrian Los Angeles,... Read more
Dining on garden-fresh veggies and the catch of the day is nothing new in San Diego.... Read more