- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
Fodor's Southern California 2014
Barrio Star Review
In a colorful, airy Bankers Hill space, chef Isabel Cruz of Isabel's Cantina and up-and-coming chef Todd Camburn put a fresh, distinctive, and rather refined spin on classic Mexican fare. After an afternoon at nearby Balboa Park, swing by for happy hour margaritas and tacos or feast on grilled sweet corn slathered in spicy lime butter, tortilla soup with cotija cheese, slow-roasted pork carnitas tacos with house-made tortillas, flourless Mexican chocolate cake, and Latin-inspired cocktails. On weekends, Barrio Star opens at 9 am for breakfasts of tamales, tortas, and blackberry pancakes.
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
Hello all! Read more
Long time lurker but only recently joined to get some advice about my up coming Canada trip so thought id share my USA experiance.
4 of us (21-25years old) flew in to LAX mid to late August, picked up Read more
My family and I are going to spend time in California this summer. Read more
· News & Features
You're familiar with California's wine country, sure, but have you experienced beer country? ... Read more
Top Chef star Brian Malarkey, gearing up to open a new hotel restaurant at the trendy Mondrian Los Angeles,... Read more
Dining on garden-fresh veggies and the catch of the day is nothing new in San Diego.... Read more