- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
Cowboy Star Review
Executive chef Victor Jimenez cooks up porterhouses for two and grass-fed fillets along with fluffy mashed potatoes, glazed carrots, and garlic-sautéed spinach at this modern, urban steak house with a tongue-in-cheek cowboy theme. It's not a place for line dancing or peanut shelling: servers wear stylish plaid shirts and the wood-and-brick decor has leather accents and photography that recalls the Old West. Non–steak eaters can tuck into dishes like scallops with spiced kumquats and halibut with summer squash. The high-back booths are comfy; so are the chef's counter and the bar, where mixologists shake up strong bourbon cocktails. The drink selections include artisanal brews paired with the steaks. Street parking is usually available.
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe
AN INTOXICATING BIRTHDAY VISIT TO NAPA
For my Mom’s 49th birthday, my younger twin sisters, Ainsley and Bailey, and I decided to hire a limo and driver for a day tour to Napa. Read more
So this was my first trip to the USA. Read more
Driving from Vegas.... Only have 2 days and 1 night which will be Christmas Eve. We have never been to either park. Which should we try to visit?
We have 2 kids who love the Junior Ranger programs. Any Read more
· News & Features
You're familiar with California's wine country, sure, but have you experienced beer country? ... Read more
Top Chef star Brian Malarkey, gearing up to open a new hotel restaurant at the trendy Mondrian Los Angeles,... Read more
Dining on garden-fresh veggies and the catch of the day is nothing new in San Diego.... Read more