- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
Fodor's Southern California 2014
The Prado Review
The striking Spanish-Moorish interior of this lovely restaurant in the historic House of Hospitality on Balboa Park's museum row has painted ceilings and elaborate glass sculptures. It also brings a contemporary menu to an area where picnic lunches or hot dogs from a nearby cart are the usual options. The bar is a fashionable pre- and post-theater destination for light nibbles with Latin, Italian, and Asian flavors and creative drinks; in the dining room, reliable dishes range from lunchtime grilled mahimahi tacos and a fancy pressed salad of baby arugula, strawberries, dried figs, and asiago cheese to saffron-scented lobster paella and roasted sea bass.
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
Hello all! Read more
Long time lurker but only recently joined to get some advice about my up coming Canada trip so thought id share my USA experiance.
4 of us (21-25years old) flew in to LAX mid to late August, picked up Read more
Hello, we're spending spring break in San Diego in a condo on Mission Beach. Read more
· News & Features
You're familiar with California's wine country, sure, but have you experienced beer country? ... Read more
Top Chef star Brian Malarkey, gearing up to open a new hotel restaurant at the trendy Mondrian Los Angeles,... Read more
Dining on garden-fresh veggies and the catch of the day is nothing new in San Diego.... Read more