- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
Fodor's Southern California 2014
The Field Review
A family-run pub decorated with paraphernalia from an Irish farm, the Field has character to spare. Diners enjoy solid meals of Irish stew, corned beef and cabbage, Gaelic steak with an Irish whisky–peppercorn sauce or, best of all, the boxty: a lacy but substantial potato pancake served crisp and hot with such fillings as sage-accented chicken or Irish bacon and cheese. As the evening wears on, the crowd grows younger, livelier, louder, and sometimes rowdier. A traditional Irish breakfast is served on weekends, and there's dancing and live music many nights of the week. The terrace is a particularly popular spot for dinner.
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
Hello all! Read more
Long time lurker but only recently joined to get some advice about my up coming Canada trip so thought id share my USA experiance.
4 of us (21-25years old) flew in to LAX mid to late August, picked up Read more
My family and I are going to spend time in California this summer. Read more
· News & Features
You're familiar with California's wine country, sure, but have you experienced beer country? ... Read more
Top Chef star Brian Malarkey, gearing up to open a new hotel restaurant at the trendy Mondrian Los Angeles,... Read more
Dining on garden-fresh veggies and the catch of the day is nothing new in San Diego.... Read more