- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
Fodor's Southern California 2014
Isabel's Cantina Review
A funky mix of Asian and Latin fare mingles on the inventive menu at this popular beachy restaurant created by chef and cookbook author Isabel Cruz. A huge teak Buddha reposes coolly in one corner, playing yin to the yang of spicy Latin-inspired fare. You can start the day early here with coconut French toast, soy-chorizo scramble with black beans, and healthy egg-white dishes. Lunch and dinner dishes include crispy wontons with ahi tuna, chicken lettuce wraps, and grilled salmon with house-made salsas. For a night away from the rowdy Pacific Beach bars, go here for espresso drinks and desserts like sautéed bananas and decadent flourless chocolate cake.
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
Hello all! Read more
Long time lurker but only recently joined to get some advice about my up coming Canada trip so thought id share my USA experiance.
4 of us (21-25years old) flew in to LAX mid to late August, picked up Read more
Hello, we're spending spring break in San Diego in a condo on Mission Beach. Read more
· News & Features
You're familiar with California's wine country, sure, but have you experienced beer country? ... Read more
Top Chef star Brian Malarkey, gearing up to open a new hotel restaurant at the trendy Mondrian Los Angeles,... Read more
Dining on garden-fresh veggies and the catch of the day is nothing new in San Diego.... Read more