- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
Fodor's Southern California 2014
Bread & Cie
Bread & Cie Review
There's an East Coast air to this artsy urban bakery and café known for being one of San Diego's first and best artisanal bread bakers. Owner Charles Kaufman is a former New Yorker and a filmmaker, and he gave Bread & Cie a sense of theater by putting bread ovens imported from France at center stage. Warm focaccia covered in cheese and vegetables, crusty loaves of black olive bread, bear claws, gourmet granola with Mediterranean yogurt, and first-rate cinnamon rolls are served from daybreak to sunset; lunch time also brings options like house-made quiche and panini filled with pastrami, turkey, and pesto, or Brie and honey.
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
Hello all! Read more
Long time lurker but only recently joined to get some advice about my up coming Canada trip so thought id share my USA experiance.
4 of us (21-25years old) flew in to LAX mid to late August, picked up Read more
Hello, we're spending spring break in San Diego in a condo on Mission Beach. Read more
· News & Features
You're familiar with California's wine country, sure, but have you experienced beer country? ... Read more
Top Chef star Brian Malarkey, gearing up to open a new hotel restaurant at the trendy Mondrian Los Angeles,... Read more
Dining on garden-fresh veggies and the catch of the day is nothing new in San Diego.... Read more