- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
Bahia Belle Review
At the dock of the Bahia Resort Hotel, on the eastern shores of West Mission Bay Drive, you can board this restored stern-wheeler for a sunset cruise of the bay and party until the wee hours. There's always music, mostly jazz, rock, and blues, and on Friday and Saturday nights the music is live. You can imbibe at the Belle's full bar, which opens at 9:30 pm, but many revelers like to disembark at the Bahia's sister hotel, the Catamaran Resort, and have a few rounds before reboarding (the boat cruises between the two hotels, which co-own it, stopping to pick up passengers every half hour). Crusies after 9:30 pm are adults-only, but most cruises get a mixed crowd of families, couples, and singles.
- Address: 998 W. Mission Bay Dr., Mission Bay, San Diego, CA 92109 | Map It
- Phone: 858/539–7779
- Cost: $10 for unlimited cruising; cruisers must be 21+ after 9:30 pm; free for guests of Bahia and Catamaran hotels
- Hours: Sept.–Nov. and Feb.–May, Fri. and Sat. 6:30 pm–12:30 am, departures every hr on the ½ hr; June, Wed.–Sat. 6:30 pm–12:30 am; July–Labor Day, daily 6:30 pm–12:30 am; closed Dec. yearly and Jan. in odd-numbered years.
- Website: www.sternwheelers.com/cruise
- Location: Mission Bay
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe
AN INTOXICATING BIRTHDAY VISIT TO NAPA
For my Mom’s 49th birthday, my younger twin sisters, Ainsley and Bailey, and I decided to hire a limo and driver for a day tour to Napa. Read more
So this was my first trip to the USA. Read more
Driving from Vegas.... Only have 2 days and 1 night which will be Christmas Eve. We have never been to either park. Which should we try to visit?
We have 2 kids who love the Junior Ranger programs. Any Read more
· News & Features
You're familiar with California's wine country, sure, but have you experienced beer country? ... Read more
Top Chef star Brian Malarkey, gearing up to open a new hotel restaurant at the trendy Mondrian Los Angeles,... Read more
Dining on garden-fresh veggies and the catch of the day is nothing new in San Diego.... Read more