- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
Fodor's Southern California 2014
Bahia Belle Review
At the dock of the Bahia Resort Hotel, on the eastern shores of West Mission Bay Drive, you can board this restored stern-wheeler for a sunset cruise of the bay and party until the wee hours. There's always music, mostly jazz, rock, and blues, and on Friday and Saturday nights the music is live. You can imbibe at the Belle's full bar, which opens at 9:30 pm, but many revelers like to disembark at the Bahia's sister hotel, the Catamaran Resort, and have a few rounds before reboarding (the boat cruises between the two hotels, which co-own it, stopping to pick up passengers every half hour). Crusies after 9:30 pm are adults-only, but most cruises get a mixed crowd of families, couples, and singles.
- Address: 998 W. Mission Bay Dr., Mission Bay, San Diego, CA 92109 | Map It
- Phone: 858/539–7779
- Cost: $10 for unlimited cruising; cruisers must be 21+ after 9:30 pm; free for guests of Bahia and Catamaran hotels
- Hours: Sept.–Nov. and Feb.–May, Fri. and Sat. 6:30 pm–12:30 am, departures every hr on the ½ hr; June, Wed.–Sat. 6:30 pm–12:30 am; July–Labor Day, daily 6:30 pm–12:30 am; closed Dec. yearly and Jan. in odd-numbered years.
- Website: www.sternwheelers.com/cruise
- Location: Mission Bay
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
Hello all! Read more
Long time lurker but only recently joined to get some advice about my up coming Canada trip so thought id share my USA experiance.
4 of us (21-25years old) flew in to LAX mid to late August, picked up Read more
My family and I are going to spend time in California this summer. Read more
· News & Features
You're familiar with California's wine country, sure, but have you experienced beer country? ... Read more
Top Chef star Brian Malarkey, gearing up to open a new hotel restaurant at the trendy Mondrian Los Angeles,... Read more
Dining on garden-fresh veggies and the catch of the day is nothing new in San Diego.... Read more