- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
Sports and the Outdoors
Mount Woodson Golf Club. Beautiful and unique, this 6,004-yard course is set amid a grove of ancient oak trees and granite boulder-strewn hillsides with spectacular views. A popular local tournament site, the course is rated 69.1/slope 134. The most you'll pay here is $65 for a weekend round of golf. 16422 N. Woodson Dr., Ramona, CA, 92065. 760/788-3555. www.mtwoodsongc.com.
Barona Creek Golf Course. Opened in 2001, this 7,393-yard course won accolades from day one for its challenging slopes, strategically placed boulders, and native grass landscaping. It's rated 75.8 and 144 slope, and has hosted the Nationwide Tour Championship. Each hole has six sets of tees to accommodate different skill levels. Green fees run from $120 to $160 including cart, with discounts for visitors who have Players cards. 1932 Wildcat Canyon Rd., Lakeside, Ramona, CA, 92040. 888/722-7662. www.barona.com.
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's