- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
Top Reasons to Go to Point Loma and Coronado
Point Loma's panoramic views: Take in the view from the mountains to the ocean at Cabrillo National Monument. Come evening, watch the sun go down at Sunset Cliffs.
The Hotel Del: As the grande dame of San Diego, the historic Hotel Del Coronado charms guests and visitors alike with her graceful architecture and oceanfront setting.
Boating paradise: San Diego's picturesque marinas are filled with sportfishing charters and ultraluxury yachts.
Sandy beaches: The long stretches of sand on Coronado are family-friendly, while Fido will love swimming at Ocean Beach's Dog Beach.
Military might: From the endless rows of white headstones at Fort Rosecrans National Cemetery to the roar of fighter jets over North Island Naval Air Station, San Diego's strong military ties are palpable.
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's