- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
Top Reasons to Go to Old Town and Uptown
Step back in time: Experience the early days of San Diego, from its beginnings as a remote military outpost and mission to the development of the first town plaza.
Architectural delights: Take an architectural journey through San Diego's history. Discover the pueblo- and clapboard-style structures of Old Town and the ornate Victorian gems in Heritage Park. Then head up the hill to view wonderfully preserved early-20th-century homes in Uptown.
Scare yourself silly: A nighttime visit to the Thomas Whaley House Museum, "the most haunted house in America," is sure to give you goose bumps.
Tortillas and margaritas: Enjoy the convivial atmosphere at one of the many Mexican eateries in Old Town.
Live like a local: Explore the vibrant shopping, dining, and nightlife of Uptown's unique neighborhoods.
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's