- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
Julian Chamber of Commerce (Town Hall, 2129 Main St., Julian, CA, 92036. 760/765–1857. www.julianca.com. Daily 8–4.)
Backcountry Visitor Center. A local landmark, the Santa Ysabel General Store has been updated and backdated to 1884, when it was an important stop on the road between the mountains and San Diego. You'll find good advice, maps and guides to backcountry trails, and info on cultural sites and recreational activities. The store side of the adobe structure sells heirloom seeds and bulbs, do-it-yourself cheese or craft beer making kits, and specialty honey, pickled vegetables, and preserves put up in micro batches by food artisans. 30275 Hwy. 78, Santa Ysabel, CA, 90270. 760/765–1270. sohosandiego.org. Fri.–Sun. 10–4.
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's