San Diego Feature
- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
Top Nightlife Experiences
Real relaxation: Bask in the warm weather, drink in hand, on one of the city's many open-air, rooftop bars.
Pedal power: Dance the night away in the Gaslamp Quarter then make a pedicab bicyclist do all the work to get you home. Just be sure to ask about prices upfront—the unregulated fares range from $5 to $15 for a short ride, depending on the driver.
Be a scenester: Order a shot of whiskey and a PBR while watching a future "It" band at The Casbah or Soda Bar.
C'mon, get happy: Pretend you're a local and grab the happy-hour drink deals with the working stiffs—it's a great excuse to tie one on while the sun's still shining.
Sports night: Swing by Bar Basic for a giant pizza and a pitcher of beer before the big game at PETCO Park.
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe