San Diego Feature
- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
Top San Diego Outdoor Experiences
Kayak La Jolla's caves: Join a tour to explore the seven caves off La Jolla Cove; you'll see lots of wildlife, including seals, sea lions, and maybe leopard sharks and dolphins.
Bike the boardwalk: Rent a beach cruiser and pedal along the Mission Bay boardwalk. You'll be in good company among the scene-making muscle men and babes in bikinis.
Catch a wave: Surf La Jolla Cove's famous reef breaks or watch the surfers at Swami's beach from the Self-Realization Foundation's meditation gardens on the cliffs above.
Try Frisbee golf: Check out this local sport at Balboa Park's Morley Field. It's like golf, but with Frisbees.
Hit the links: With so many courses in San Diego, there's sure to be something for every golfer. Add to that the perfect weather and sweeping views of the ocean and it's tee time.Updated: 03-2013
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's