San Diego Feature
- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
Top San Diego Arts Experiences
Arts free-for-all: Summertime means free concerts, movies, and theater throughout the county.
Puppet strings: Your kids might not care for Shakespeare at the Old Globe, but you can introduce them to great acting at Balboa Park's Marie Hitchcock Puppet Theatre.
Gallery gathering: Before you visit, scour gallery websites or places like www.sdcitybeat.com or www.sezio.org for upcoming openings, which usually include a spread of sips and snacks—and art, of course.
San Diego Film Festival: This five-day festival in September is a must for film lovers and celebrity spotters—a day pass will get you in to some of San Diego's most glamorous parties.
Free Fodor's Newsletter
Subscribe today for weekly travel inspiration, tips, and special offers.
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Go List: Fodor's Top 25 Places to Go in 2013
- Hotel Awards 2012: Fodor's 100 Top Hotels
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe
- $99-$139 -- Anaheim Hotel near Disney, 60% Off BookIt.com
- $144-$219 -- 4-Star Omni San Diego Hotel, 35% Off Expedia
- $8.97 & up -- Car Rentals across California CarRentals.com
- $88 -- SeaWorld San Diego: 7-Day Pass, Save up to 85% SeaWorld San Diego
- $189 -- San Diego: Gaslamp Quarter Hotel, 30% Off — $189 San Diego Marriott Gaslamp Quarter