San Diego Feature
- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
Top San Diego Arts Experiences
Arts free-for-all: Summertime means free concerts, movies, and theater throughout the county.
Puppet strings: Your kids might not care for Shakespeare at the Old Globe, but you can introduce them to great acting at Balboa Park's Marie Hitchcock Puppet Theatre.
Gallery gathering: Before you visit, scour gallery websites or places like www.sdcitybeat.com or www.sezio.org for upcoming openings, which usually include a spread of sips and snacks—and art, of course.
San Diego Film Festival: This five-day festival in September is a must for film lovers and celebrity spotters—a day pass will get you in to some of San Diego's most glamorous parties.
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe