- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
Top Reasons to Go Downtown
Waterfront delights: Stroll along the Embarcadero, explore Seaport Village, or enjoy a harbor cruise.
Contemporary art for all ages: From the stunning galleries of the Museum of Contemporary Art to the clever incorporation of art and play at the New Children's Museum, downtown is the place for art.
Maritime history: Climb aboard and explore a wide array of vessels from sailing ships to submarines.
Delicious dining: Fresh seafood along the Embarcadero, authentic Italian cuisine in Little Italy, and the high-style restaurants of the Gaslamp make downtown San Diego a diner's delight.
Happening Gaslamp: It's hard to believe this hip neighborhood filled with street art, galleries, restaurants, and buzzing nightlife was once slated for the wrecking ball.
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's