- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
Top Reasons to Go to Balboa Park and San Diego Zoo
San Diego Zoo: San Diego's best-loved attraction, the world-renowned zoo, is set amidst spectacular scenery in the heart of Balboa Park.
Museums galore: Automobiles and spacecraft, international folk art and Baroque masters, dinosaur fossils and mummified humans—there is something for everyone at Balboa Park's many museums.
The great outdoors: Escape down a hiking trail, try your hand at a new sport, or just soak in the sunshine from your own stretch of grass. You may even forget you are in the middle of the city.
Gorgeous gardens: From the lush tropical feel of the Botanical Building to the refined design of the Rose Garden, Balboa Park's intricate gardens and landscaping are sure to delight.
Free cultural events: The park is full of freebies, from weekly concerts at the organ pavilion to annual events like Earth Day and December Nights.
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's