Horse Racing in San Diego
- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
Del Mar Thoroughbred Club. For seven short weeks in summer, during the annual meeting of the Del Mar Thoroughbred Club on the Del Mar Fairgrounds, racing forms and racing fans can be seen all over Del Mar. The track attracts the best horses and jockeys in the country. Racing begins in mid-July and continues through early September. The track hosts lots of events such as the summer concert series and the well-loved hat contest that's long been a festive part of opening day celebrations. 2260 Jimmy Durante Blvd., Del Mar, CA, 92014. Take I–5 north to Via de la Valle exit. 858/755–1141. www.dmtc.com.
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's