Surf Shops in San Diego
- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
Cheap Rentals Mission Beach. Many local surf shops rent both surf and bodyboards. Cheap Rentals Mission Beach is right off the boardwalk, just steps from the waves. They rent wet suits, bodyboards, and skimboards in addition to soft surfboards and long and short fiberglass rides. They also have good hourly to weekly pricing on paddleboards and accessories. 3689 Mission Blvd., Mission Beach, San Diego, CA, 92108. 858/488–9070 or 800/941–7761. www.cheap-rentals.com.
Hansen's. A short walk from Swami's beach, Hansen's is one of San Diego's oldest and most popular surf shops. It has an extensive selection of boards, wet suits, and clothing for sale, and a rental department as well. 1105 S. Coast Hwy. 101, Encinitas, CA, 92024. 760/753–6595 or 800/480–4754. www.hansensurf.com.
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's