Skateboard Parks in San Diego
- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
Skateboarding culture has always thrived in San Diego, and recent changes in liability laws have encouraged a jump in the number of skate parks. A good number of top pro skateboarders live in San Diego and often practice and perfect new moves at local skate parks. Pads and helmets (always a good idea) are required at all parks.
Escondido Sports Center. This 22,000-square-foot skate park includes a miniramp, street course, and vertical ramp. 3315 Bear Valley Pkwy., Escondido, CA, 92025. 760/839–5425. www.escondido.org/sportscenter.
Magdalena Ecke Family YMCA. This YMCA is very popular among the many pros in the area. It has a competition street course, two cement pools, and a classic vertical ramp. 200 Saxony Rd., Encinitas, CA, 92024. 760/942–9622.
Ocean Beach Skatepark at Robb Field. The largest skatepark in the city, this has a huge street plaza, bowls, ledges, grind rails, and quarter-pipes. 2525 Bacon St., Ocean Beach, San Diego, CA, 92107.
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's