Rock Climbing in San Diego
- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
Mission Trails Regional Park. Mission Trails Regional Park has a huge quantity of bouldering, top-roping, and single-pitch climbs. 1 Father Junípero Serra Trail, Mission Valley, San Diego, CA, 92119. 619/668–3281. www.mtrp.org.
Solid Rock Gym. With plenty of belay stations and holds that are regularly changed, the three locations of Solid Rock Gym appeal to all skill levels. There are indoor top-roping, bouldering, and lead climbing areas. 2074 Hancock St., Old Town, San Diego, CA, 92110. 619/299–1124. www.solidrockgym.com.
Vertical Hold Sport Climbing Center. Vertical Hold Sport Climbing Center is one of the largest full-service indoor rock-climbing gyms in Southern California. It offers lessons, equipment rentals, and party packages. 9580 Distribution Ave., Mira Mesa, San Diego, CA, 92121. 858/586-7572. www.verticalhold.com.
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's