Kayaking in San Diego
- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
There are several places to kayak throughout San Diego. You can spend an especially memorable afternoon exploring the seven caves off La Jolla Cove, where you can often see seals, sea lions, and even dolphin.
Hike Bike Kayak San Diego. This shop offers several kayak tours, from easy excursions in Mission Bay that are well suited to families and beginners on to more advanced jaunts. Tours include kayaking the caves off La Jolla coast, whale-watching (from a safe distance) December through March, moonlight and sunset trips, and a cruise into the bay to see SeaWorld's impressive fireworks shows over the water in the summer. Tours last two to three hours and cost between $50 and $70 per person; cost includes kayak, paddle, life vest, and guide. 2246 Ave. de la Playa, La Jolla, San Diego, CA, 92037. 858/551–9510. www.hikebikekayak.com.
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe